January 23, 2012

paisley pretty

hat/heirloom from great-grandfather, earrings/hand-me-down from mom, men's chambray shirt/thrifted, paisley dress/thrifted, belt/thrifted, tights/Target, boots/Maurice's


This is a super comfortable look for me. The dress is cute and girly (I have a love-affair with paisley), and the man's shirt makes it more casual and comfy. The hat makes it a little quirky. That amazing hat is one of my prized possessions. My great-grandfather died of cancer when I was in elementary school, and when his clothes and other possessions my great-grandmother didn't feel the need to keep were divided up amongst the close relatives, I picked out this hat. As a little kid, I didn't think about it being a potential fashion statement, I just thought it was really cool. Now it's one of my favorite things to wear. 


Thrifting tip: Don't restrict yourself to just one section of the store. Take your time and look through everything. Who knows what fabulous gem could be lurking in the corner? Find slouchy sweaters and cardigans in the men's section. Don't forget those boyfriend jeans! If you have a smaller frame, you might be able to find something that works for you in the larger end of the children's section. Let yourself get lost in the thrift store for a while. I think it's good for the soul. 


Happy thrifting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment