February 02, 2012

lace + cowboy boots

headband/handmade, blazer/thrifted, dress/hand-me-down, tights/Target, boots/thrifted


That blazer is one of my favorite finds. Blazers are wonderful and can be worn with just about everything! They are an easy way to keep a t-shirt or plain tank from looking shlumpy (yes, I made up that word...because I like it), wear one instead of a cardigan to give the outfit a more polished feel, the possibilities are endless! Anyway, when I found this blazer, I was pretty jazzed about it. In case you haven't figured it out by now, I LOVE color. A blazer + bright color = big smiling face. It was looking a bit plain, but I had a small moment of inspiration. My grandma had given me a bunch of vintage lace, and I just had a feeling it would be the perfect addition. It was. 
I also love those boots. I had been searching all over for some cowboy boots, but all the pairs I found in stores were too far out of my price range (because I'm cheap). I found these nearly new, soft, slouchy, cognac-colored, heeled cowboy boots at Plato's Closet at a great price. I just used a lot of adjectives. That's because these boots are awesome. 


Thrifting tip: Just because you have the freedom to take fashion risks and buy a little more at the thrift store, that doesn't mean you should fill up your closets with a bunch of low-quality crap. If you don't love it, don't buy it! During a trip to the thrift store, you may find a bunch of stuff you like and a few things you completely love. Focus on the really good stuff you KNOW you will wear. If you're in doubt about a certain piece, it's best just to leave it. Make smart (but fun!) purchases! 


Happy thrifting!

No comments:

Post a Comment