February 20, 2012

little creators

Today's post has no pictures, no thrifting tips, just a few words and a little peek inside my heart. :)


I am well aware that some people may look at this blog and think badly of me, and think I'm superficial and I pay too much attention to my outward appearance. The fashion industry is ALL about how you look, and some may quickly judge and say that my interest in fashion shows how vain I am.

Hear my side of the story. Maybe you'll change your mind. :)

I view fashion and clothing as a worshipful expression of creativity.

Creativity is both a fully-human and fully-divine experience. 

We are all made in God's image.

God is the ultimate Creator.

We are all little creators.

God has placed in each of us the desire to create! Creativity looks different for each person. We paint, write, knit, cook, woodwork, sculpt, cut hair, sew, write songs, take photos, dance, sing, act, make films, garden, even work hard and passionately at math or science. We each use God's great masterpiece creation to create something new!

I seek to honor God through the way I dress. I house the Holy Spirit within me, so my body is a temple. When people decorate a church, don't they try to make it look beautiful? Don't they try to make its outward appearance reflect the honor and reverence and worship happening inside? Why shouldn't I be encouraged to do the same, a person carrying the Holy Spirit inside of her?

I know that my outward appearance doesn't matter to God. He cares about what's going on in my heart. The most important thing is to cultivate inner beauty. And I strive to do so. But I also think I would not be living up to my full potential in Christ if I did not use the gifts He's placed in me! My outer beauty can reflect my inner beauty! I try to dress in a way that reflects creativity, joy, freedom, and hope! I think God delights in my outward expression of the things He's written on my heart! Simply getting dressed every day can be an act of worship!

I have a few hopes for this blog. Managing your finances in a way that is honoring to God is extremely important. One way you can do that is by being frugal and thrifty when you shop for clothes! Hopefully this blog can give good advice to those who want to be stylish AND frugal! Also, I hope to inspire people to live more creative lives. Christians must embrace creativity and make room for it to happen in the Church and their daily routine. Creativity calls us to worship, brings us closer to The Creator, and makes us more like Him.

And isn't that the point of, well, everything??

No comments:

Post a Comment