January 31, 2012

color match made in heaven

earrings/hand-me-down, cardigan/thrifted, t-shirt/Old Navy, belt/thrifted, skirt/handmade, shoes/thrifted


It's no secret to anyone that I am crazy about vintage-inspired looks. My favorite parts of this ensemble are the shoes, belt, and earrings, which are all vintage. I made the skirt myself. It's hard to tell from the photo, but it's a paper bag-waist skirt. It's made from vintage fabric my grandma got at a yard sale. :) That cardigan was a fantastic find, because I wear it with just about everything! Cardigans are so easy to dress up or dress down. Your wardrobe is in need of some cardigans.

Also, how wonderful is the combination of red and turquoise?? 


Thrifting tip: Shopping second-hand gives you the financial freedom to experiment with your style a bit! I was a little wary of the purple corduroy pants at first, but when they only cost a few dollars, I figured it might be worth the risk...it was! When you shop second-hand, the tiny impact it leaves on your wallet offers you some wiggle room! So, be bold! Try something new just for the heck of it! I try not to take myself or my wardrobe too seriously. Fashion should be fun, and where's the fun if you never try anything new? If the look crashes and burns, so what? At least you were trying to step out of the box and be creative!


Happy thrifting!

4 comments:

  1. you are so cute, I love this! I miss you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want to marry that skirt, i love it so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teehee. Thanks. :) I'm quite fond of it. It's one of my favorite colors to wear, and I'm pretty proud of it because I sort of made it up as I went along, no pattern or online tutorial!

      Delete