February 05, 2012

loot

I thought I'd show you my finds from Goodwill half off day yesterday. :)

I already have two flannel shirts, but one has a bunch of holes and should just be thrown away. I found a new one to replace it! And I love how 'lumberjack' this one is. :)



I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do with this dress yet, but I bought it because these are absolutely my colors. I have a few ideas marinating up in the ol' noggin...we'll see where this goes.




I bought this dress solely for the fabric. Pretty pretty pretty!! No clue what I will end up creating out of it, but I promise you'll be the first to know.




My name is Karen and I have a problem. I can't pass up anything with a paisley flowery print. I just can't. This blouse is soooo cuuuute. I love the soft and subtle colors! It seems like the perfect lightweight spring blouse to me! It fits, so I might just wear it as-is without any alterations.



So there you have it! Those are the fun things I found! What do you think? There were some art pieces and home decor items I really loved, but alas. I don't have the room for it. I also have a pretty serious mug addiction. I can proudly say that even though there were about 5 mugs I wanted to snatch up, I restrained myself. I refuse to let my life look like an episode of Hoarders.

How much did all of these things cost, you ask? Only $11 total! Victoire!


Thrifting tip: When you have a fun day of second-hand shopping planned, plan your outfit accordingly! Wear things that are easy to take off and put back on quickly for when you want to try on items. Avoid lots of buttons, complicated shoes, or tons of layers. On the bottom, I would suggest wearing something close-fitting, like leggings or skinny jeans. That way, if you're trying on a dress or skirt, you can slip it on quickly over your pants. Dresses are a really simple thrifting uniform. Just one piece over tights, leggings, or your bare legs! You should probably wear a camisole just in case you want to try on something thin or low-cut...Unless see-thorough and cleavage-baring is your thing, of course! If dressing rooms are full, a simple outfit will be easiest for slipping things over your clothes in the middle of the store. You probably don't want to be weighed down with a big coat, so just leave it in the car and brave the cold from the walk from the car to the door. You'll be okay, I promise. You probably also don't want to be worrying about an bulky and obtrusive purse or bag that keeps slipping off your shoulder when you're looking through the racks, so I suggest using a bag with a long strap you can wear across your body. My outfit yesterday was a camisole, t-shirt, cardigan, skinny jeans, ballet flats, and a small cross-body bag. Simple, easy, and comfy. And for the love of all that is good, if you try on shoes, wear something on your feet. Don't just stick your naked foot into a potentially germ-infested shoe. Ew.


Happy thrifting!

No comments:

Post a Comment